1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.
2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!
3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.
4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!
6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.
7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.
9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.
10. Amos cried out in Iraq!
11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.
12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!
13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq
also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)
14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the"writing on the wall" in
15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.
16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.
17. The wise men were from Iraq.
18. Peter preached in Iraq.
19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a
city in Iraq!
And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often mentioned
in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq!
However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the
Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia.
The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the
Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep
roots. Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very
significant country in the Bible. Here's why!
* Eden was in Iraq - Genesis 2:10-14
* Adam &
Eve were created in Iraq - Genesis 2:7-8
* Satan made his first recorded appearance in Iraq - Genesis 3:1-6
* Nimrod established Babylon & The Tower of Babel was built in Iraq Genesis
* The confusion of the languages took place in Iraq - Genesis 11:5-11
Abraham came from a city in Iraq - Genesis 11:31; Acts 7:2-4
* Isaac's bride came from Iraq - Genesis 24:3-4; 10
* Jacob spent 20 years in Iraq - Genesis 27:42-45;31:38
* The first world Empire was in Iraq - Daniel 1:1-2;2:36-38
* The greatest revival in history was in a city in Iraq - Jonah 3
* The events of the book of Esther took place in Iraq- Esther
* The book of Nahum was a prophecy against a city in Iraq - Nahum
* The book of Revelation has prophecies against Babylon (Iraq's former name).
Revelation 17 &18
No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than
This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an
eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages... The
following verse is from the Quran, (the Islamic Bible)
Quran (9:11) - "For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome
Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of
Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more
rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and
there was peace". (Note the verse number!)